Who am I?
I am multilingual, creative, organised, and I put my values into practice.
- 2019 to date: Information Governance Officer at High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd
- 2018 to 2019: Compliance Officer (Information Governance) at the NHS Arden and GEM Commissioning Support Unit
- 2018: Information Governance Manager at the Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- 2018: Information Governance and Information Security Officer at the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
- 2017 to 2018: Project Manager, Quality Administrator, and Data Protection Officer at Orsus Medical Limited
- 2017: Organisational Assistant at the Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC) and its Europe and Middle East Section (EMES)
- 2014 to 2017: Linguae Mundi Academic Manager at Coventry University
- 2013 to 2015: Post-Doctoral Research Officer and Sub-Project Coordinator at Leipzig Universität for the project "SMS communication in Switzerland"
- 2014 to 2015: Project Coordinator for the WhatsApp research project "What's up, Deutschland?"; launch date was: 17 November 2014
- 2014: Content Coordinator for the project "What's up, Switzerland?"; launch date was 01 June 2014
- 2009 to 2012: Post-Doctoral AHRC Research Officer for "What's Hard in German?" (WHiG) at Bangor University
- 2010 to 2011: Teaching Fellow in Luxembourg Studies at the University of Sheffield
- 2004 to 2009: Language Tutor (Luxembourgish, French, German) at the University of Sheffield
I grew up in Luxembourg then did the following professional and acadmic courses:
- Practitioner Certificate in Change Management at The Knowledge Academy (2018)
- Practitioner Certificate in Information Risk Management at Ultima Risk Management (2018)
- Certificate in Information Security Management Principles at The Knowledge Academy (2018)
- Certified Data Protection Officer (with GDPR) at Firebrand (2018)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt at The Knowledge Academy (2017)
- MSP ("Managing Successful Programmes") Foundation and Practitioner at The Knowledge Academy (2017)
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner at The Knowledge Academy (2017)
- CELTA at Coventry University (2015)
- PhD in Germanic Corpus Linguistics at the University of Sheffield (2005 to 2009)
- MA in Germanic Studies at the University of Sheffield (2004 to 2005)
- BA (hons.) in English Language at Bangor University (2002 to 2004)
- 2 years of English Studies (linguistics and literature) in Luxembourg (2000 to 2004)
You can read about my work on the publications page.
I researched corpus linguistics:
- 2013 to 2015 at the Universität Leipzig for the project "SMS communication in Switzerland"
- 2009 to 2012 at Bangor University for the project "What's Hard in German?" (WHiG)
- 2005 to 2009 at the University of Sheffield for my PhD thesis on pragmatic markers in Luxembourgish emails, plays and filmscripts
More about my research on the research page.
My professional interests are (in alphabetical order):
- data protection
- graphic design and typography
- information governance
- linguistics and languages
- planning and visualisation
- training and teaching